New Jersey Clarifies the Extended Tax Filing and Payment Due Dates Due to the COVID-19 Emergency
What’s been extended:
- 2019 gross income tax returns and payments, including trusts
- 2019 corporate business tax returns and payments
- First quarter 2020 Individual and Corporate estimated tax payments
- First quarter 1041 estimates
- Partnership returns and payments
- Partnership filing fees and licensed professional fees
Penalties and interest will not be imposed on the balance of 2019 income tax due between the original due date and July 15.
What has NOT been extended:
- Second quarter 2020 estimated tax payments for personal and business
- Sales and use tax filings and remittances
- Payroll tax remittances (including those imposed by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development)
- Inheritance taxes
We will continue to follow these developments and will provide additional information as we receive clarification. These are very challenging times. Please know that LB Goodman is here to help you with your financial questions and concerns.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Information as of April 14, 2020.