We are searching for a motivated, proactive, dedicated, self-thinking, forward-thinking, client-centric experienced senior tax accountant to join a young, growing, award-winning team dedicated to creating
profound impacts in all that they do.
Minimum skills and qualifications include the following:
- Undergraduate Degree in business administration, tax, or accounting
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience (direct client contact preferable)
- CPA designation or working towards its completion
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members, superiors, and clients in the completion of day-to-day tasks
- A mindset geared towards doing whatever it takes to accomplish a set task
- Ability to develop the interpersonal and technical skills sufficient to independently supervise staff accountants, and to become a “go-to” person for other staff.
- The ability to identify, develop, and maintain proactive client relationships so that they become “raving fans”
- The ability to successfully maintain a multi-client and multi-project workload in a timely and efficient manner
- Takes the initiative to stay up to date on all developments regarding tax-related and industry- specific changes
- Actively updates job knowledge through continued education, self-learning, and maintaining professional networks
Expected job duties include the following:
- Files federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
In order to move to the next level and become Manager (Supervisor), an individual must understand and consistently demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Individuals at this level are normally CPAs and have a minimum of three years’ experience as a senior (in-charge) accountant (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the directors) and have exhibited technical proficiency and the ability to supervise complete engagements.
- Take responsibility for at least 20 engagements from start to finish, including supervising staff assigned to those engagements
- Accurately and efficiently prepare multi-state tax returns for at least 20 businesses and 20 individuals
- Become proficient at tax planning and tax research
- Supervise and assist staff in analyzing dental practice metrics reports if applicable
- Identify opportunities for tax savings and communicate them to directors
- Review the completed work papers prepared by lower level staff for accuracy and completeness
- Consistently satisfy the range of target hours and net revenue rate
If you feel that you are able to meet the above standards please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in contact to discuss the opportunity.