We are searching for a motivated, proactive, dedicated, self-thinking, forward-thinking, client-centric experienced staff tax accountant to join a young, growing, award-winning team dedicated to creating profound impacts in all that they do. Minimum requirements include the following:
Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensure you comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members, superiors, and clients in the completion of day-to-day tasks
- A mindset geared towards doing whatever it takes to accomplish a set task
- Ability to develop the interpersonal and technical skills sufficient to work independently, and to become a “go-to” person for other staff.
- The ability to identify, develop, and maintain proactive client relationships so that they become “raving fans”
- The ability to successfully maintain a multi-client and multi-project workload in a timely and efficient manner
- Takes the initiative to stay up to date on all developments regarding tax-related and industry-specific changes
- Actively updates job knowledge through continued education and self-learning
Tax Accountant Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree in business administration, tax, or accounting
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience (direct client contact preferable)
- CPA designation or working towards its completion
- Good understanding of MS Office and accounting/tax software (ProSystem’s fx Tax and QuickBooks preferable)
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
If you feel that you are able to meet the above standards please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in contact to discuss the opportunity.