Experienced Staff Tax Accountant
Are you a highly qualified professional who wants be part of an award-winning culture in a great work environment? If so, we may be a perfect fit for each other!
What do we offer, anyway?
- All the usual perks like a competitive benefits package, 401K, paid leave and health insurance
- A can-do culture where you will learn and grow from whom we think are some of the best in the business
- A workplace that consistently ranks as NJ Biz’s “Best Places to Work,” which means our employees think we’re doing things right
- The opportunity to level up, supervise staff accountants and become a go-to person for other employees
- A work-life balance that allows for personal and professional growth
- Plus, much more! Just ask us.
What makes a great fit?
- Quick thinkers who can read between the lines
- Proactive, forward-thinking, and client-centric individuals (we aren’t asking much, are we?)
- Strong multi-taskers who will do what it takes to get the job done—whatever it is—on time
- Not to sound cliché, but you need to be a people person (we love taking clients from humdrum to “raving fans” )
- Okay, so you do have to be a good communicator—with your team members, leaders, and clients
- Always in the know through continued education, self-learning, and maintaining professional networks
- Up to speed on all current tax-related, industry-specific changes
What are some of the job-specific requirements?
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits
- Offer support and guidance during audits
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden
What are the mandatories?
- Undergraduate Degree in business administration, tax, or accounting
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience (direct client contact preferable)
- CPA designation or working towards its completion
- Good understanding of MS Office and accounting/tax software (ProSystem’s fx Tax and QuickBooks preferable)
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
About LB Goodman
We do more than just keep the books. We are trusted advisors and proven experts who give actionable information to our clients so they can make better, more informed decisions. Here, clients get well-timed advice they need to produce significant results.
We are dedicated to taking exceptional care of our employees. After all, they are the ones who take such great care of our clients.
So, now what?
If you think you are “the one” tell us why. We suggest you act quickly, though. We wouldn’t want to miss the chance to bring you on board.
Click here to apply.