Our Client Seeks a Director of Finance – Real Estate Operations
Our client, a multi-location, commercial and residential real estate company, is looking to hire a Director of Finance – Real Estate Operations. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual looking for growth potential and upward mobility.
For inquiries, please contact Robert J. Valas, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Director of Finance – Real Estate Operations in the subject line.
The Director of Finance – Real Estate Operations is an integrator who will be responsible for the tactical execution and communication of the company’s strategic direction for multiple properties and projects. The Director will also be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring financial policy and managing a department of accounting and finance staff. This is an exciting opportunity with growth and upward mobility potential for someone looking to make a difference. The position reports directly to the President of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for review of all property purchasing and securing the approval of Area Directors with complete adherence to budget guidelines.
- Work with Area Directors on major projects such equipment/property upgrades, and large purchases.
- Responsible for the resolution of all escalated complaints from residents and others.?
- Work closely with all members of the back office staff and all on site managers to ensure implementation and execution of all company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement employee review and compensation system.
- Research and implement time tracking for employees, project management and CRM systems.
- Mentor, coach, supervise and develop team managers.
Accounting, Finance & Insurance:
- Develop, implement and monitor internal controls.
- Supervise department of accounting and finance staff.
- Responsible for monthly and annual accounting close, including the preparation of reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Coordinate information requested by outside Certified Public Accounting firm for the preparation of tax filings and other services.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations via consultation with outside legal counsel.
- Initiate, review, negotiate and maintain vendor contracts with an emphasis on cutting costs.
- Review and assess technologies needs including updates to accounting system, as required.
- Review and assess insurance coverage for workers compensation, business, liability, property, and malpractice via consultation with insurance agents.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in real estate accounting and operations at a managerial level role and above.
- 5+ experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- 5+ years of experience in contract review, analysis and negotiation, preferred.
- Excellent report writing skills required.
- Willing to travel occasionally to multiple properties and locations to attend meetings, perform other work-related functions, or participate in training as recommended or required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license.