We know that many of you are fielding questions from patients and staff about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). What follows are some tips that may help you put your team and patients at ease.
Your team may need to reassure some patients about coming to your practice by:
- Emphasizing the sterilization and cleaning protocols used with every patient,
- Reminding patients that the clinical team uses protective equipment including masks and gloves, and
- Sharing that everyone on the team follows a strict protocol for washing hands effectively.
A great place for getting additional information is on the ADA website.
If patients need to reschedule, now is a good time to relax policies in your practice that penalize cancellations. By showing extra understanding, you can help to ensure patients remain loyal to your practice.
Stories about changes within the NBA, NCAA, and other organizations can be alarming. How might that translate to your practice? While we do not anticipate practice closures, we have had clients ask for additional information to share with their teams and patients. Below you will find links for Federal, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut guidelines that cover resources for dental practices.
- OSHA Guidelines
- New Jersey Dept. of Health
- New York State Dental Association
- Connecticut State Dental Association
We are all experiencing uncertainty as our communities work hard to keep us healthy. We can do our part by following the protocols put out by local health authorities and the Centers for Disease Control. If you need additional help with challenges facing your practice, please let us know.
Please contact us if you have any questions on how this applies to your practice or how to respond.